Owing to a recent internal restructure, an opening has arisen for a Head of Claims within a respected, reputable and growing reinsurance company in Dublin. Our client are about to enter a significant stage in their lifecycle and this position will see the incumbent play a significant part in the future development of the firm.
Within 12 months in this role, you will have accomplished the following:
- Completed the build out of the claims function (grown from one to four people in the past 11 months) and completed the remainder of the onboarding/induction/training of the team (30-40% completed so far).
- Increased awareness of the Claims role and its impact on finances in the business by bringing a level of communication with the CRO/CUO etc to a point where the levels of understanding are enhanced significantly.
- Established robust engagement with clients and conducted a detailed audit allowing underwriters to rate the book.
- Trained up staff weekly on claims assessments, relevant case law and legalities surrounding other jurisdictions.
- Acted upon recommendations on certain controls and kpi’s and audits that need to be implemented.
- Finalised the integration of the IT system including internal reporting
- Created a proper culture around claims knowledge and implemented an early warning system. (Workflows are already established in terms of what needs to happen from the first email etc).
- Brought the claims function to be seen as a contributing, value adding partner within the business.
- You have a minimum of five years reinsurance claims management experience and possess a strong technical reinsurance background.
- You have experience of Internal Reporting and are able to deal with higher volumes of claims.
- You understand the different terms and conditions within a reinsurance contract, especially when it comes to dealing with Middle Eastern/Emerging markets books.
- You are aware of concepts like negligent misstatements and double risk warranties.
- You have good overall operational controls, understanding of claims trends and exception reports, ensuring that controls are properly managed out.
- You have the experience to be able to challenge people around you, asking the right questions but are also able to bring people with you.
- You are resilient, open, firm in respect of your competence and technical knowledge but possessing a flexible mind-set, allowing you to work in a collaborative manner.
- You have a persuasive personality, with the ability to influence others in a manner that can bring them on a journey with you.
This is a unique opening that will allow you to complete the full set up of the claims function which still has a bit to go in terms of driving the team and spreading the knowledge. This is your opportunity to have a direct impact on the p&l and balance sheet. Our client are currently building out their USP’s one of which is very much their customer centric approach and the Head of Claims will have the opportunity to take time to understand the customers/cedants business, spend time with the brokers and add value to the clients. You will be joining a young company which has grown from zero to €250M T/O with over €700M in reserves and where there is a strong emphasis on developing their talent pools and allowing people the bandwidth to drive and shape the future direction of the company.
Base Salary – €€€ + Annual Bonus + Corporate VHI + DC Pension (10%) + DIS 4X Salary + 25 days annual leave + up to 2 days flexi leave per month (you can work this up as time in lieu) + 1 charity day per year.
The Next Steps
Candidates interested in applying for this opening are asked to email their CV’s to [email protected]
Further information may be obtained by calling Gerard on 01-9065116
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.