A boutique but established MGA in the Irish market, having recently taken on some additional capacity is seeking to hire a Commercial Combined Package Underwriter for their team but with remote working accessibility.
In the first 12 months, the successful candidate will have;
- Written up to €250k in new business per month with the ambition to write at least €2.5M GWP in year one
- Dealt with a small cohort of supporting brokers in partnership arrangements
- Targeted smaller to medium sized commercial clients and linked in with the new business team as the key underwriter
- Identified and triaged the correct risks, worked the relationships with the brokers with a firm grasp of the fundamental elements that make profitable risk assessments
- Set their own rating and pricing parameters around these risks
- Has a history of writing small- medium sized package policies with premiums in the €15-100k range.
- Is credible and comfortable talking with brokers and clients demonstrating energy and expertise around risks, health and safety etc
- Has a track record of writing small commercial risks such as Hotels, Pubs, Restaurants, Retail Outlets and doing so profitably
Depending on where you are in your career, this is an opportunity to work in a boutique MGA firm (from home for at least three days per week) with the option of progressing your career further on a global stage. You’ll get to work alongside and be mentored by one of the most reputable and experienced underwriters in the business, given all the right underwriting tools and rating guides and begin the process of building towards a significant portfolio within 3-4 years that will establish a legacy in the market.
Base Salary (with performance based increments), DC Pension, Health Insurance and other benefits
The Next Steps
Candidates interested in applying for this opening are asked to email their CV’s to [email protected]
Further information may be obtained by calling Gerard on 01-9065116
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.