A long established broker with several offices across Ireland, dealing with all cross sections including property and liability but also including management liability, D&O & Cyber. Owing to recent changes at Director level and promoting a couple of Account Executives, there is an opening for a Commercial Client Executive to support the Account Directors with significant pre-established books.
This is an internal broking position with the scope for further development over the next 3-5 years but within the first 12 months you will be responsible for:
- The Bread and Butter stuff – getting to know the clients, their wants/needs and wrapping your head around the portfolio.
- Demonstrating a good level of communication within the team and unafraid to put your hand up and ask 15-20 questions per day.
- Building rapport within the team and with the clients.
- Marrying the relationship between underwriters and clients and made a good impression on the underwriters to the extent that they can influence their decisions on risks.
- Able to map out a strategy on the next 3 months renewals as part of the team and identifying what they’ll do with the portfolios.
- Building up trust with the reporting line to the point that in 12 months time the reins may be loosened and they’ll be able to dictate strategy on accounts and identifying things that could be done better.
- Able to technically get into markets and do deals with insurers.
- You have a minimum of 5-7 years commercial broking experience and have carried underwriting relationships with you during that period with the key underwriters (AIG, RSA, Zurich, Aviva etc).
- You ideally have had exposure to the full spectrum of Commercial Insurance products including PI & Management Liability and are clued up on how those covers operate but our client will invest time in bringing you up to speed technically and strategically (how they manage their clients expectations and the insurer relationships).
- Minimum CIP Qualified and working towards ACII and want to get involved in new and exciting things.
You possess a clear sense of someone with a roadmap planned out for their careers and are building a career for yourself.
You will be working in a Commercial team of 12, including five Account Directors and seven Client Support Executives. You’ll report into one of the Account Directors with dotted line to the MD in an environment where the management style is open, inclusive, preferring to give people a heads up in terms of what strategy is re clients and the direction the business is taking. They operate an open door policy and will help to develop your technical and strategic expertise whilst also guiding you along the path to Director level.
This is initially an internal role but with the intention that you will get to an Account Executive position within 3-5 years at which point you’ll be running your own portfolio. (All depends on the individual and their aspirations). You’ll have the opportunity to be part of a team in a well established business where there will be further investments and you’ll learn every single day on the job and be brought into the strategy conversations quite quickly. You’ll also be rewarded well financially for producing.
Base Salary – €negotiable doe, exam fees paid upfront, study leave, Annual Bonus (depending on company and individual performance at appraisal) + DC Pension (5% & 5%) + 22 days Annual leave.
The Next Steps
Should you wish to be considered for this opening, please forward your CV to [email protected] in confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.